Here’s a recipe for Oven Roasted Herb Veggies I found on Pinterest, and tried recently. I love all of these vegetables, and the herb combination really complimented their taste. This is a BIG batch of vegetables! I had a family gathering coming up, so needed plenty to feed my army. I did have leftovers, which was fine for dinners the next week. Enjoy!
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 1 small bag of snow peas
- 2 medium to small yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 1 package of grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 small bag of baby red potatoes
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), about 1/4 cup
- 2 T Rosemary
- 2 1/2 T Basil
- McCormick’s Steak Seasoning’s (pepper mix-it’s part of their Grinders series)
- 1 1/2 T Garlic Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cut squash and potatoes into chunks. For the asparagus, snap at the appropriate areas for them. This is usually about 1 to 1 1/2 inches from the bottom of the asparagus. Then cut Asparagus in half. Not down the middle in half, but across. We want to leave the spears intact.
- Next, mix the vegetables in one bowl. You may need to use 2 separate bowls.
- Sprinkle EVOO all around the top of them.
- Add all of the seasonings on top. Now, Use the salt and McCormick’s pepper mix to your own liking. Everyone has their own salt and pepper threshold. Some might even want to add more rosemary and less basil, but to each their own. With a wooden spatula, fold all of the vegetables and seasoning together. Keep mixing until you are sure that the ingredients are nice and spread out.
- When done, place your vegetables into a deep baking dish. I had to use two! Cover the dishes with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Then, take off the foil and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes. If you like your vegetables more al dente, then lessen the covered cooking time.